SPM trial exams are here. This is the moment that you have prepared for the past two years. In fact, so many people have reminded you that you have to do well to see how prepared you are for the big exams in November.
The semester is getting more stressful. Feeling tired and overworked, all you want to do is climb into bed and get some long good rest. After dreaming about your bed for 5 minutes, it is time to come back to reality: revise your notes, complete your assignments, prepare for quiz and exams.
Maybe, what you need above everything is a little motivation to continue revising for trial papers or complete your assignments.
On taking breaks to refresh yourself:
- Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths, or the turning inwards in prayer for five short minutes. ― Etty Hillesum
- By taking the time to stop and appreciate who you are and what you’ve achieved – and perhaps learned through a few mistakes, stumbles and losses – you actually can enhance everything about you. Self-acknowledgment and appreciation are what give you the insights and awareness to move forward toward higher goals and accomplishments. – Jack Canfield
On resilience and not giving up:
- Develop resilience and be brave. There are days when it is very discouraging. You have to develop personal resilience to environmental things that come along. If you let every single environmental challenge knock you off your game, it’s going to be very, very hard. – Renee James
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
- Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen. – Wayne Huizenga
On learning from disappointments:
- The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. – Robert Kiyosaki
- Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead. Les Brown
On moving past excuses:
- Are your excuses more important than your dream? – Anonymous
- It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses. – William Arthur Ward
On being passionate about learning:
- Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn, and you will. – Vernon Howard
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
- I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something. – Neil Gaiman
So, stress-not and continue to work hard towards your aspirations! We wish you all the very best in your pursuit of success.